Friday 24 August 2012

Brown Rice Croquettes with peach, strawberry avocado salsa

I wanted to start my day right, after completing a hot yoga class this morning at 7am I came home and made a delicious and healthy breakfast.

Brown rice croquettes

-1 cup brown rice cooked
-2 eggs 
-1 onion finely minced
-5-6 mushrooms chopped finely
-1/2 red pepper chopped finely
-salt and pepper
-fresh rosemary chopped (approx 1/4 of a teaspoon)
-a sprinkle of chili powder

in a large bowl mix all ingredients and add eggs.  I used my hands to make pancake coquettes,  On medium heat add a olive oil or butter.  cook until browned on one side and then flip over.

Peach Strawberry Avocado Salsa

-1 ripe avocado chopped
-2 peaches peeled and chopped
-5 strawberries chopped
-juice of one lime
-salt and pepper


chop, combine and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment