Sunday 25 August 2013

Oven Roasted Tomatoes

Tonight I made some delicious oven roasted tomatoes.  My Mom gave me so many tomatoes from her garden.  I love the flavour of the roasted tomatoes, the herb de Provence and the chili powder.  The tomatoes are picked today, they are sweet and juicy.  I ate the tomatoes as a side dish to my baked BBQ tofu.  (thank you Elizabeth for your incredible home made BBQ sauce made with coffee and Jack Daniels).



Oven Roasted Tomatoes

-5-6 tomatoes cut in half and seeded
-herb de Provence
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-salt
-pepper
-chili powder

-The secret to this recipe is to remove the seeds and excess fluid.  I used beef steak tomatoes so they have more fluid then Roma tomatoes, however, the flavour was worth the extra fluid.  Preheat oven to 400.  You need parchment paper for this recipe.  Cut tomatoes in half and squeeze seeds and fluid out.  Place on a cookie sheet lined with the parchment paper, lightly salt, pepper, sprinkle with herb de Provence, and the chili powder, I used a whisk to then coat tomatoes with olive oil.  Bake until slightly blackened.  Depending on size of tomatoes between 20-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment