Wednesday 27 February 2013

Red Cabbage Salad

sorry didn't take a picture.

Red Cabbage Salad

-1/2 of medium sized red cabbage washed and soaked in salted water for 20 minutes, chopped
-3 green onions
-2 apples (I used gala, with skin on) sliced like match sticks
-2 carrots sliced like matchsticks (I used white carrots)
-2 ribs of celery
-salt and pepper
-juice of 1 lime
-2 tablespoon maple syrup
-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
-1/3 cup olive oil
-roasted almonds or sunflower seeds

-I soak my cabbage in salt water, then chopped it up.  I added the, chopped green onions, apples, carrots, celery, lime juice, maple syrup, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil.  Stir well and let sit in fridge for half an hour, the red of the cabbage bleeds into the other vegetables and the salad has pink hints.  add the sunflower seeds and roasted almonds when ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment