Friday 26 April 2013

Green Pea Soup with Ham

I am having trouble with my children eating food.  This was an attempt at getting them to try new things.  It is sweet and salty.  Delicious and easy to make.  I also used left overs, ham the night before.  I am also working on my photography, thanks for everyone's suggestions and support.



Green Pea Soup with Ham

-1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
-1 large onion
-1 cup sliced carrots
-3 cloves garlic
-1 bay leaf
-900ml of broth (I used vegetable broth)
-3 cups frozen peas
-pepper
-ham

In a large pot sauté onions of medium-low heat until soft, about 15 minutes.  Add the broth, carrots bay leaf and garlic.  This soup is puréed so chopping garlic isn't necessary.  Allow to cook until carrots are soft.  Heat the ham slightly in the oven.  Ad the peas can cook soup for another 15 minutes then purée, top with ham and fresh pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment