Wednesday 11 July 2012

Carrot, snow peas, orange pepper and orange slices salad with sesame oil dressing

I'm trying to stay healthy and encourage vibrant colours with my kids food choices.  
I made a delicious fresh salad.

Carrots, Snow Peas, Orange Pepper, Red Onion, Salad with Orange slices 
and a Sesame Oil Lime Dressing

2 large handfuls of snow peas end removes and sliced
2 medium carrots sliced
1/2 red onion minced
1/2 orange pepper sliced finely
2 oranges cut and sliced so that sections are removed

Sesame Lime dressing

-1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
-1/4 cup olive oil
-juice of two limes
-1/2 teaspoon soya sauce
-1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients and make dressing.  I would have added
cilantro and bean sprouts if I had some.  Allow dressing to sit with salad 
for a 10minutes to allow flavours to infuse and top with 
sesame seeds or sunflower seeds.



No comments:

Post a Comment