Sunday 29 July 2012

Almond Coconut Crusted Tilipia

Tonight I made an amazing fish dinner.  I had bought tilipia yesterday at St. Lawrence market, knowing that my good friend was coming for dinner tonight.  I wanted to make my mom's mango salsa for dinner as well as it is delicious with fish. I made almond coconut crusted tilipia.  So amazing.




Please see Mango Salsa Recipe from March 5th http://teresashealthykitchen.blogspot.ca/2012/03/mango-salsa.html


T's Almond Coconut Crusted Tilipia with Mango Salsa


-2 Tilipia fillets (serves 4)
-1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
-1/2 cup almonds sliced and blanched, crumbled
-a pinch of salt and pepper
-flour and egg


-On a large plate spread out flour dip fish in flour, then dip fish in egg batter.  On a third plate have coconut, salt, pepper and almonds pre mixed and dip fish into the coconut mixture.  In a frying pan on medium-low heat olive oil and place fish in pan.  Cover.  Allow to cook until browned, then flip, and cook until brown and cooked.  Top with mango salsa.







No comments:

Post a Comment