Monday 5 March 2012

Mango Salsa

Was talking to my friend this morning about food...Jae this is for you...


This is my mom's recipe and is one of my favourites.  She would have gotten from either Chatelaine or Canadian Living, it may have been modified and possible been changed to suit her and my needs.


Mango Salsa


1 small mango
1/2 fresh lime
1 cup fresh pineapple coarsely chopped 
1/2 small red pepper coarsely
1/ cup finely chopped cilantro
2 green onions thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon hot chili flakes.  (for less spicy I use chili powder,or for spicier I add fresh red chili peppers) 
pinch of salt


start by peeling and dicing mango, squeeze lime over mango.  Then add all the rest of the ingredients.  I serve this with anything...amazing with lamb, fish, chicken, pork.


This is an old picture, just wanted to show what the salsa looks like.


No comments:

Post a Comment