Monday 19 March 2012

Flank steak

So tonight had a few friends over for dinner.  I started marinating the steak at lunch time and it turned out amazing.  I also served asparagus with roasted red peppers and artichoke hearts and made I made rice.  My mango salsa and I made a fresh tomato salsa with avocado.  I also had fresh tomatoes stewing on the stove all day for my chicken parmesan that I am cooking tomorrow night.


Teresa's Flank Steak


-2/3 cup olive oil
-1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
-salt & pepper
-1 tablespoon chili powder
-1/2 teaspoon thyme
-1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
-3 tablespoons smoked mustard
-2 tablespoon maple syrup
-1/2 teaspoon cumin
-juice of 1 lemon

I scored meat with 1/2 inch deep cut about an inch apart.  I dry rubbed the spices, mustard and maple and let sit for an hour.  I then added the olive oil, vinegar, tamari and lemon juice and I let sit for several hours.  Broiled on high on top rack for 8 minutes and flipped over for another 8 minutes.  I have an apartment oven so maybe need less time depending on your oven.








No comments:

Post a Comment