Friday 9 March 2012

Four layer black bean dip

So tonight my kids want tacos.  Which is one of my favourite memories as a child.  Now every family makes tacos differently, my family had a few traditions and people are surprised that we eat our tacos with olives.  I also grew up with this notion that tacos can only be served with coca-cola.  As a child my family (there are four kids) would all have a responsibility.  When I reflect back on the making of the tacos, it was when we worked efficiently together.  Tonight I am planning on making a refried black bean four layered dip.  


I have been soaking the black beans since last night...I will boil them....and fry them, add ingredients, and place on the bottom of a tray.  I will top with a layer of sour cream, the next layer will be home made salsa, and then cheddar cheese.  Which I will serve with tortilla chips


I have also made my salsa...I have never made fresh salsa before.  I walked over to Chinatown with my daughter and bought some roma tomatoes.  Her and I chopped the tomatoes, added salt and pepper, added red onions.  garlic, red pepper, vinegar, fresh cilantro and parsley, and a dash of chili powder


I will continue to update about dinner as the day does on



my home made salsa

If you really want to make a friend, 
go to someone's house and eat with him... the people who give 
you their food give you their heart. 
Cesar Chavez 

No comments:

Post a Comment