Wednesday 4 April 2012

Chicken Wings

hello, another sunny day in Toronto. I decided to make chicken wings for dinner with fresh veggies and sweet potatoes pan fried.  It is so easy...I never realized how simple things are to make.  During dinner I looked up and there was utter silence, my friend who lives in the building was over for a quick break from studying, and my two daughters 4 and 6 were quiet and eating.  There was no fighting or screaming or yelling, there were four people enjoying home made food.  I love these moments.  In the past few months there has been less and less challenges with dinner, the kids are trying new things and I am enjoying the ability to experiment in the kitchen.

 Sweet Potatoes


-2 tablespoon olive oil
-1 purple onions chopped
-chili powder
-garlic
-white wine
-parmesan cheese
-sweet potatoes


In a frying pan on medium heat, I added olive oil, onion and sweet potatoes coined, thinly.  I allowed to cook until browned on each side.  I added 1/4 cup of white wine and chili powder, a dash of salt and pepper and continued cooking until soft.  At the end I added parmesan cheese.  Remember not to add too much salt as the cheese add salt.  Another good cheese to use would be a smoked gouda or smoked mozzarella cheese.  These are delicious, if you find that they are to spicy add a little brown sugar or maple syrup.


The Chicken Wings


-2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
-2 tablespoons brown sugar
-1 teaspoon herb de province
-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
-1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teapoon each garlic and onion powder


mix together, coat chicken wings and cook at 450 for about 20 minutes.  The brown sugar allows it to brown allowing the insides to stay moist and delicious...I bought some PC brand buffalo chicken sauce, had a beer, some fresh veggies and my friend brought some blue cheese salad dressing.



No comments:

Post a Comment