Tuesday 3 April 2012

Mexican Meatloaf with Corn Salsa


Tonight's Dinner was delicious, however I wished I had added some smoked gouda cheese to the meatloaf.  The corn salsa was outstanding!!!


Teresa's Mexican Meatloaf


1 package of ground beef
1 package of taco seasoning (or add your own spices, soya sauce, chili powder, cayenne, cumin)
half an avocado 
1/2 lime juice squeezed over avocado
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup salsa
1 egg
2 onions chopped and sautéed 


I started off by sautéing the onions in a splash of olive oil until see thru, I placed aside to cool.  in a mixing bowl I mashed half an avocado and squeezed half a lime on top.  I added the egg, the breadcrumbs, taco seasoning, meat, onions, and salsa.  I would have added smoked gouda cheese if I had on hand.  I placed in oven and baked at 350 for about n hour.  You can to with cheddar cheese, salsa, or taco sauce. 















Corn Salsa (Honestly best part of meal)


-1 can of corn
-1/2 avocado mashed 
-juice from 2 limes
-1 bunch of chopped cilantro
-1 roasted red pepper (from a jar)
-salt and pepper
-1 teaspoon of chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin


mash avocado, squeeze 1 lime (keylimes are tiny put have an amazing taste so if you happen to have on hand you can use) add corn, chop up red pepper, chop cilantro, add spices, stir and serve....amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment