Wednesday 11 April 2012

Curried Alfredo Sauce with Artichoke Hearts and Roasted Red Peppers

Alfredo Sauce with Artichoke Hearts and Roasted Red Peppers


-1 jar of artichoke hearts (drained)
-1/2 jar of roasted red peppers (drained)
-1 onion chopped
-1 portebello mushroom (tonight i didn't have)
-1 jar of Pre-made Alfredo (was in a rush)
-1 tablespoon curry powder
-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
-fresh lemon


-in a frying pan I fried chopped onions with a small amount of olive oil, if I had mushrooms would have added at this point.  Once the onions were cooked and translucent I added the roasted red peppers, the artichoke hearts, I allowed them to cook and using a wooden spoon I chopped them up while cooking into bit size pieces.  I then poured in the Alfredo sauce, to ensure all the sauce was out of jar I add milk to it and shake it.  I let it simmer for a while and then I added the curry and chili powder.  I served with the pan fried chicken and just before I ate my plate I used a little fresh lemon which adds freshness and cuts the fat.  






No comments:

Post a Comment