Thursday 12 April 2012

Tomato and Hot Italian Sausage Pasta Bake

Good evening,


Tonight I was expecting a friend for dinner, however she cancelled.  I have had a tomato sauce cooking all day with onion, hot Italian sausage, tomatoes and roasted red peppers.  I made rotini noodles, covered them with the sauce.  Then I covered the pasta and sauce with amazing assortment of cheeses...


Tonight's Sauce


-2 pounds roma tomatoes, peeled
-1 onions chopped
-2 cloves of garlic minced
-3 roasted red peppers from a jar
-4 hot Italian Sausages, casing removed (from the Healthy Butcher)




-in a sauce pan place roma tomatoes peeled, (I blanch them).  Then add hot Italian Sausage with casing removed, and onions.  allow to simmer all day.  I boiled pasta and placed in a casserole dish, I covered with the sauce and placed grated mozzarella cheese, and then I used up some taco cheese mix.  I placed in the over for 30 minutes and then on broil for a few minutes to brown the cheese






No comments:

Post a Comment