Thursday 26 April 2012

Clean out fridge soup

Sorry guys, last week I was at a conference and was busy and didn't have a chance to post...Last night I was so excited to cook, I forgot to take pictures of parts of the meal.
Last night I made clean out the fridge soup which I then baked in the oven with havarti cheese on top, it was amazing


Clean out Fridge Soup


1 sweet potato
2 tomatoes
1 potato cubed
1 large onion
1 carrot
herb de Provence
Chicken broth
2 cups of white wine
half a zucchini
salt
pepper
chili powder
havarti cheese


I used my itch oven and started with a little olive oil, added the onion, and sweet potato which I sautéed until clear, then I added 2 cups of white wine, the chicken broth, 1 teaspoon herb de Provence, chili powder, the tomatoes and potatoes and the zucchini. I cooked for 5 hours on the stove and then served into French onion soup bowls and baked in the oven for 15 minutes until cheese was golden brown.














No comments:

Post a Comment