Monday 2 April 2012

Amazing Tuna Salad





I have just created one of my most delicious recipes.  So in all honesty, I am needing to stick to my budget right now.  So, when I looking through my fridge and cupboards I came across a can of white tuna, almonds, pears and I thought what can I make with a WOW factor, without feeling like I am compromising my taste buds???  This recipe may look like it took a while, however the prep time was about 10 minutes.


T's Tuna Salad with homemade almond brittle, pan fried pears and peppercorn goat cheese


Step 1:


1/2 cup blanched sliced almonds
small piece fresh ginger grates
1/2 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
1-2 tablespoons maple syrup






I started by roasting almonds in a frying pan with grated fresh ginger, after they started to brown i added some tamari soya sauce and maple syrup.  Place in a bowl to cool.


Step 2:


2 whole pears skinned and cored, then sliced 
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup white wine


In a frying pan on low heat add pears, cinnamon and white wine.  Allow to soften and simmer.  set aside to cool


Step 3:

1 can of tuna (I used white) drained really well
1 tablespoon mayo


mix together


Step 4:


baby spinach
carrots sliced
celery chopped
peppercorn goat cheese crumbled


Step 5:


Mix together all but almonds.  Serve and top with almonds.  See salad dressing below




Salad dressing


olive oil
balsamic vinegar
splash of soya sauce
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon maple syrup
pepper to taste






I do 2/3 (ish) oil to 1/3 vinegar.  I add ingredients than add more of this or that depending on how it tastes together.  Cooking is an experiment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment